A look back
Since 1560, the Zacher family has dedicated themselves to the craft. Our great-grandfather ran a hat shop and a hatmaker’s workshop in the Zacher hatmaker’s house around 1880. Some of our customers remember the original shop and our two aunts, Maria and Elisabeth, who taught us the profession of hat selling (among other things). In 2003, we moved the business to the ground floor: where until 1996, the felting process was still carried out. The new site also opened up new ideas for us to further develop our traditional fulled felt products in a more contemporary way. It has been our pleasure to expand our product range. At the same time, we have always remained true to the roots and principles of our family tradition.
The Zacher family has lived and worked for generations in the market town of San Candido/Innichen, in the heart of the Dolomite region of the Three Peaks. This striking natural landscape inspires us every day anew and teaches us about the important things in life.